Ayursparsh Clinic & Panchakarma Center in Dharwad provides personalised plans for female pattern baldness treatment.
What is Female Pattern Baldness?
Female pattern baldness, also known as androgenetic alopecia in medical terms, is a very common issue among women. It can lead to low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression. Unlike in male pattern baldness, where hair thinning is seen on the crown and bald spots, females experience overall hair thinning. It can be caused by many factors, such as nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, and certain health conditions.
Signs and Symptoms of Female Pattern Baldness
Female pattern baldness is slightly different from male pattern baldness, and that includes the following:
- Hair thinning is usually seen on the top and crown of the scalp, which leads to a reduction in the hair volume.
- Scalps are easily visible as the hair thinning continues on the top of the head.
- Widening of the centre part
- The frontline remains unaffected other than a normal recession.
- Increased shedding of the hair while brushing, shampooing, and hair strands on pillows.
- Female pattern baldness involves a pattern of hair loss known as the Christmas tree pattern.
- In rare cases, hair loss reaches complete or near total baldness.
What Causes Women to Lose Their Hair?
Various factors influence female pattern baldness and lead to gradual thinning of the hair. Some of the common reasons for hair loss in women are listed below.
It is one of the typical reasons that lead to female pattern baldness because, as women age, hair growth usually slows down and quality also decreases, which leads to overall thinning of the hair.
Imbalance or fluctuations in the hormone levels during pregnancy, childbirth, PCOS, and menopause can cause hair loss in women. A drop in the levels of hormones after menopause can lead to shrinkage of the hair follicles.
One of the reasons for female pattern baldness also includes genetic predisposition. If you’ve got a family history of hair loss, then you will be more susceptible to getting affected by female pattern baldness.
Stress can also act as a contributing factor to hair loss if you are involved in any stressful activity for too long. However, this type of hair loss is mostly temporary.
- Medical Conditions
If you’re dealing with certain medical conditions, such as thyroid disorders, anaemia, and others, they can also cause hair loss in women.
Female Pattern Baldness Treatment Options
According to Ayurveda, there are three doshas in the human body known as Vata, Pitta, and Kapha that regulate body functions. Any imbalance in such doshas can lead to the development of conditions such as female-pattern baldness. Female pattern baldness treatment can be done by achieving balance in the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha).
- Herbal Remedies
Various herbs can help in female pattern baldness treatment, such as:
- Amla is rich in vitamin C and antioxidant properties that can help nourish the hair follicles and strengthen the roots, which can help in the regrowth of the hair. It can be used in many different ways, like consuming it directly or even applying it in oil form.
- The hibiscus flower is not only known for its beauty but also works wonders in treating people dealing with hair problems. It helps in hair strengthening, prevents breakage, and promotes hair growth.
- Shiro Abhyanga
Shiro Abhyanga is an ayurvedic therapy that helps improve blood circulation and nourishes the scalp. In this, warm ayurvedic oils such as brahmi or amla are gently massaged onto the scalp to help reduce hair fall and promote hair growth.
It is a detoxification therapy that can help eliminate toxins from the body and promote healthy hair growth. Panchakarma therapy also helps improve digestion, metabolism, and overall well-being.
These are some treatment options for women dealing with hair loss. However, you should contact your healthcare provider to treat your specific condition with personalised plans.
Hair loss in women can be a stressful condition that can lead to anxiety or irritation. Some of the common symptoms of female pattern baldness include visible hair thinning on the top of the head. It can be caused by certain reasons, such as hormonal imbalance, genetic predisposition, and ageing.
Various female pattern baldness treatment including Panchakarma, Nasya, and herbal remedies, can reduce the symptoms of hair loss and promote healthy hair growth.
Are you dealing with such hair conditions? Consult Ayursparsh Clinic & Panchakarma Center in Dharwad, Karnataka, known for treating a variety of hair problems. To get a personalised treatment plan, you can also reach out to Dr. Rashmi C. Patil, MD (Ayu). She is a well-known Ayurvedician in Dharwad who specialises in treating hair issues.